perjantai 4. huhtikuuta 2014

Memoir draft

I wish I had known the things I know now, when I was 15. I was naive and thought that nothing could ever happen to me. Real mature way of thinking, but that is just the way teenager's brains work.
       It was supposed to be a normal afternoon. I drove my little moped car(a European thing, just like a smart car but goes as fast as a scooter) to my bestfriend's - at the time - house. It was summer and life was great. I had just had my confirmation party that weekend. Everything was basically perfect.
"So what's good today?", she asked as soon as I walked inside her house.
"I don't know yet. I want to do something exciting", I answered without knowing that that was a night I would've been better of by just staying home.
       Her phone rang. I had no idea who it was, but she giggled in a way that I knew it was some guy. It was always some guy. A new one, all the time. I didn't even bother to keep up with them.
"I know what we're doing today. It's going to be great", Roosa, my friend, said with a smile on her face.
"What is it?"
"We should go to this guys' house. He invited us. There are other guys there, too. It's a bit far away but I guess we can use your mopedcar. It's just like our own road trip", she said and of course, me being stupid, I agreed right away. Even though I knew my mother would never let me drive that far away with my moped car because it wasn't safe at all. You aren't allowed to drive in a highway with that vehicle, and it was basically highways all the way there. And the city was more than an hour away from out home city. So we decided that the best way to go about this is to lie. Like we did every other time we did something we weren't supposed to do. I told my mom I would be spending the night at my friend's house, and she told her parents that she's staying at my place. What a classic story, but worked every time before that and unfortunately that time too.
        So we left. And we got to this guys' house, at one piece, which surprised me because the travel there wasn't easy. We had to take all these backroads in order to avoid the highways. Once we got to his house we were so happy.
"We did it!", we screamed, so happily someone probably thought we won the lottery. But once we got inside the house I started having second thoughts. It was really awkard because no one really knew each other. We were young and they were couple years older. But then someone got a brilliant idea.
"Let's go for a ride with your mopedcar!"   

2 kommenttia:

  1. 1.) A mistake that was made that would affect your life forever.
    2.) Naive
    3.) "I wish I would have known the things I know now,"
    4.) I really liked that you acknowledge this as a mistake, it takes a really strong person to be able to do something like that.
    5.) This piece is like a a story that would in one of those chicken soup for the soul books, because the lesson is very clear and it is something everyone should learn.
    6.) The ending for obvious reasons because I am very curious on what happens next.

    VastaaPoista
  2. 1) How your life was changed
    2) daring
    3)"I was naive and thought nothing could happen to me"
    4) i liked how you acknowledged teenage naivety
    5) This story is like a cat cause i like it
    6) Just keep doin you

    VastaaPoista